Premium

Country

US 

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to right click on an artist, song, playlist, etc. and go to a radio station that loaded new songs indefinitely. Now when I do the same I get a "playlist" that's a fixed number of songs a couple hours in length. I like to listen for long periods of time at work so I really liked this feature. Is the "endless radio" feature gone?

6 Replies

Hey @jdukatz, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

Have a nice day! 🙂

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @jdukatz, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

Have a nice day! 🙂

I have the same issue...

I just switched from Pandora... But if SPotify is testing new features without consent of the users and no way to opt out...

I will just go back to Pandora... I like the endless radio and I have been using Pandora for 10 years... So they have the stations pretty much dialed into my likes/dislikes...

I think removing this feature without consent of the individual is wrong...

Now to go cancel my subscription that I signed up for yesterday.

Please bring back the former version of Spotify radio! I don't want to go back to using Pandora!!

@flaccid_flowers wrote:

Please bring back the former version of Spotify radio! I don't want to go back to using Pandora!!

Indeed. I was hoping to save some money... Pandora is $10/mo where-as for Spotify Student it is $5/mo...

But nope, they removed the only feature that drew me to Spotify... As it was what Pandora is.

Though I dont mind going back to Pandora... Been with them for 10+ years.

That's kind of what I figured was going on. Lucky me 😕

In hopes that the spotify devs in charge of A/B testing see this, I'll mention that I really liked the previous behavior because I can set it and forget it while working, and I get a slightly different mix of songs each time I go back, plus I can thumbs up and down songs so it adjusts to my preferences as it plays. My suggestion is just to have both options. If I want to generate a playlist of a fixed length, I can do that, but if I want to just listen to an endless radio station I can do that too.

That's kind of what I figured was going on. Lucky me 😕

In hopes that the spotify devs in charge of A/B testing see this, I'll mention that I really liked the previous behavior because I can set it and forget it while working, and I get a slightly different mix of songs each time I go back, plus I can thumbs up and down songs so it adjusts to my preferences as it plays. My suggestion is just to have both options. If I want to generate a playlist of a fixed length, I can do that, but if I want to just listen to an endless radio station I can do that too.

Suggested posts