Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Energy consumption

Solved!

Energy consumption

On my Macbook Pro 13 retina, spotify has an energy impact of +70. On the road this basically kills my battery life and it is unacceptable even at home. I like Spotify but consider this to be a very serious bug and it seems I am not the only one. Does somebody has any advice? Are developers looking into this? Else, I may have to look for alternatives.

Thanks you for any hints.

22 Replies

Same for me, I noticed that my battery was not getting a full day of work to find out that energy impact of Spotify was HUGE!

The workaround of moving the app to another virtual desktop works as a dirty fix, but is a ridiculous, hacky way of getting a proper behaviour of the app. Please, someone must check the GPU usage, because CPU and MEM are not an issue.

I'm having the same issue as well. This is ridiculous. I also tried running through the installation protocol and neither of the folders they said I needed to delete were there. There are some serious discprenencies in what's going on vs what the expect.

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 1.38.05 PM.png

I did full reinstallation but It happened again after 2 weeks. I think there is a serious bug in this program. Please find it!

Suggested posts