Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Failed to load Radio-Cant make playlists from songs

Error Failed to load Radio-Cant make playlists from songs

I've tried three times to resolve this with chat support, all to no avail. And no follow up.

It wasn't my point in the first 3 attempts going into this issue but I'm starting to feel like asking for some money back, on this on what I am notified today,  is my Spotify anniversary. Finally, some follow up.
I noted a member had pointed out a fix for windows, by altering the host file. 

Does such a procedure work for iMac?

I have uninstalled,  reinstalled the 3 times. Other devices using Spotify are running fine.

Operating System-

OS 10.13.6 -iMac

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 00.34.22 (2).png
5 Replies

Hey @mtcp

I searched for your thread because it's a little easier to troubleshoot here than the inbox. 🙂

Here's the iMore article on how to find and edit hosts file.

About the hosts file - it's perfectly fine if it's blank. Mine, for example, is blank.

If you find any lines containing spotify or fastly in their addresses, then these are the likely cause why your Spotify doesn't work.

I understood that you had issues accessing that iMore article after reading it the first time. Is that issue still happening?

Let me know 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @mtcp, Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear that the Radio feature isn't working for you.

Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Sorry..other year-end duties, now lagging a bit into 2019,  as required have had me pausing on this.
 The most recent link worked great thanks, and I did the terminal command. The result is attached.  I note a few other suggestions here today as well as resolutions. From my post I imagine.

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 18.15.40 (3).png

hmmm..did you get the attachment in the reply? Here it is again:

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 18.15.40 (3).png

Hey @mtcp,

Does the issue still persist after adding those lines mentioned in my linked Spotify Answer?

If you're having a hard time with the terminal method, there's the TextEdit app method.

Please let me know 🙂

Suggested posts