Error Message: Failed to enable Spotify Social

Solved!

Re: Error Message: Failed to enable Spotify Social

laramie99

This worked for me - thanks!

Re: An Open Letter to Spotify - Btw, I'm canceling my premium account today

youngcarissa

I likewise joined spotify before the Facebook integration. Since then I deleted my Facebook and now Spotify Social does not work. I even did what you suggested and changed my password. Old facebook friends still show up in a stream on the side but I cannot but when I try to send songs it says "Failed to Open Spotify Social".

There has to be someway to do it. And I will not reactivate my Facebook. I had friends on Spotify before Facebook was linked up and I can't get them anymore.

Does anyone know how?

Should I just create a fake facebook?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi youngcarissa - Currently your account is still linked to an active Facebook account.  

If you want to disable this just go to your Preferences page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. After that be sure to continue logging in with your 'youngcarissa' username (not your email). 

Mr_X
Casual Listener

Just updated my Mac and now I've got the same message which won't go.

In preferences Imy only option is to disconnect from Facebook but nothing happens when I press this. Also I've never linked to facebook as joined before as a Spotify only member.

Very annoying please help and only happened after Spotify upgrade to 0.8.4  I'm using Mac OS Mountain Lion

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mr_X - You're currently receiving the 'Failed to Enable Spotify Social' message as well?

I can confirm your account isn't linked to your Facebook. Please try restarting your desktop.

When you open your Preferences Page do you see 'Connect to Facebook' now? If so, go ahead and select that button. Wait until Facebook login opens and press the Cancel button (if you don't want to link to your Facebook page). 

Mr_X
Casual Listener

Thanks Meridith. Yes I was getting the "Failed to Enable Spotify Social" message but a reboot cured it.

Thanks

vhighland
Casual Listener

I am getting the ever annoying "Failed to enable Spotify social" error as well - both on PC and Mac. I have a premium account and this is unacceptable. Please disconnect my Facebook account from my Spotify account. My Spotify account is 1216396523.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi vhighland - What's happened here is you've made two accounts on our system. The one linked to Facebook was the one upgraded to Premium. 

We can help sort this out. I'll be sending you an email shortly. 

Highlighted

Kreacher
Casual Listener

I'm a premium member as well---and suffering from the same problem. I'm running into the problem on my Macbook Pro.

Kreacher
Casual Listener

I was having the same problem-----but realized it was because I had changed my Facebook password. If you go into your Spotify's preferences and select the "Connect to Facebook" option, it will prompt for your credentials again. This should solve the problem. (if you use Facebook with Spotify)

SUGGESTED POSTS