Premium

Country

England

Device

MacBook Pro 2018 new one

Operating System

IOS X

My Question or Issue:

So, i recently bought the Premium plan for students, and i logged onto the desktop app for spotify on my mac and it worked perfectly until about a week or two after i bought the Premium. i turned on my mac and it asked me to log in. So i did, and it just said "Error code:3". So i did some reserch onto error code 3, and did everything i could: Reset password, loged in with username, used old password ect. It finnally worked after i reset the password, but then i turned off my mac, then on again and boom. "Error code:3". I tried using the web player, and it worked. but not on desktop or my phone... please help me.

Boz64

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Dear Loxer,

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled spotif using those instructions, and i tried reseting my mac. Nothing. I am running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 with a intel i5 2.3ghz , 8gb ram, intel iris intergrated graphics.

Boz

Hey @Boz64,

Have you tried another account?

I've checked and the latest version of macOS is macOS Mojave 10.14, could you try updating?

Make sure you have Spotify on the latest version as well.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts