Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code 4

Error code 4

Hi everybody,

I tried to find a solution in the forums but nothing seems to work for me. 

Since a month spotify keeps giving error code 4. Several solutions I found, tested but don't work for me. 

edit: it also can't log in on my phone

- restart

- log out/log in

- fresh reinstall

- also loging in on my phone

- different wi-fi

- disabling firewall

- loging out on all devices except laptop

So are there any solutions I missed and could fix this issue? Any help is appriciated.

Luckely I have a offline playlist but its not really what I'm paying a monthly fee for. 

15 Replies

I'm having the same problem this morning.  And it says that I have no internet connection, but I do.  I've tried restarting, etc.   Nothing works. 

I am having the same issue, I received a notification saying that I dropped internet connection, even though I am still connected to the internet. I uninstalled and reinstalled spotify and now I am receiving error code 2 when I try to log in. I am on Windows 7.

It;s annoying right? Let me know if you find a solution. I will keep trying as well. 

For me it's Mac OS. But errorcode 4 is gone?

Seems like once a month there is some obnoxious issue with spotify. Constantly have random updates that mess up previous versions.

I'm having the same problem on my phone and mac.

I've tried to restart but it says I'm offline and don't have a internet connection.

Having the same problem with desktop and android, even when my android device isn't connected to the same network.

Same here. Was playing on the desktop when it took a **bleep**. Same code/message. Tried closing it, loggin out/in - nothing. Then opened the app on my celular using both WiFi and then turning that off and using strict data and didn't work for either on there. So, sad to say, kind of glad I'm not the only one with the issue.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, so now I can't even log into receive error code 4 anymore, I am receing error code 2 when I attempt to login. I am sure if I were able to login, I'd still receive error code 4. Such a fantastic service, glad I pay a monthly premium for the priviledge to sort through the unorganized mess of something that resembles a forum to find some sort of soluton for some obnoxious error.

yeah have same problem error code 4 . Plz fix 

same problem. clean install, cant log in due to Error code: 7.

So now I'm without spotify....

Same problem. There IS a connection (ping tested fine) , the client just cant find it. Two days in a row I cant use spotify, will you reimburse me the lost days?

This happened on both my desktop and Spotify Mobile overnight. If this is popping up all over the place I think it's a Spotify server issue -- Not an issue with the devices it's on.

Spotify is aware of the issue. It is global. They are working on a solution. Go to @spotifycares on Twitter for updates.

Seems to be fixed, just a happy mistake I guess! Glad I wasted my time troubleshooting this piece of **bleep**.

Suggested posts