Premium

Country

France

Device

Macbook Pro 2020

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Today I've had a problem where every time I try to change the cover of a playlist I can't save it because an error message appears saying "Failed to save playlist. Please try again". I've tried logging out of my account and restarting my computer but I still can't save edits.

Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 5.36.33 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Update: I fixed it by doing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on my Mac. They have instructions on how to do that on their website.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

happening to me too, wont let me change my playlist image but allows me to remove the previous image
Marked as solution

Update: I fixed it by doing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on my Mac. They have instructions on how to do that on their website.

Hey @Mitchelldunni,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you send us a screen recording when you follow these steps? 

We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

I haven't been able to make any changes to my playlists it keeps saying Failed to make playlist changes. Please try again.

Also, I cant create a new playlist either whenever I press create new, it won't let me.

This is happening on all the devices I have Spotify on as well.

Please help 😞 

Thank you

What of the webapp? I have attempted to clear the cache of first the site and then of the entirety of Chrome and it still will not save.

I got an idea to change the image, create your playlist and name it to whatever you want. After that save the changes then select the new playlist you just created and try changing the image and it would work. worked for me and i was able to overcome the error.

Suggested posts