Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Failure to Login w Facebook, no error messages

Solved!

Failure to Login w Facebook, no error messages

Hi,

I've been browsing this forum for a bit and I haven't found this particular problem yet. If I looked over it, please forgive me.

Using the desktop app on OSX on my Macbook Pro, I click on "Log in with Facebook".

In Safari I first get a blank page, with only the words "Logging in to Spotify..." on it, after which the tab/window closes on its own a few seconds later.
I open my Spotify app to find that I am still not logged in at this point.

In Firefox I also first get a blank page with only the words "Logging in to Spotify..." on it, which in a matter of seconds, changes into "You may now close this window.".

I close the window.

I once again open my Spotify app to find that I am still not logged in. 

I can log in on the website. The web player works fine. I can also log in on my iPhone and listen on the road. 

I am logged in to Facebook, on the right account when I try this.

It just doesn't work. 

Any suggestions?

Also: OSX 10.10.2 Yosemite, i don't wanna update yet because reasons. So I hope this isn't the problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

IDK if this works, but try your facebook login directly in the username and password on Spotify app.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @DjVinnie91!

Welcome to the Community!

Try a clean reinstall. Let me know if it works 🙂

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi @DjVinnie91!

Welcome to the Community!

Try a clean reinstall first. Let me know if it works 🙂

Hope this helps 🙂

Yes. I wanted to add that to my original post but I forgot.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app at least 6 times. No difference had been made.
Marked as solution

IDK if this works, but try your facebook login directly in the username and password on Spotify app.

I think it's very, very weird that this is the solution, but it seems to be the solution

Thanks

Suggested posts