Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Feature Request] Add Like song as a method to applescript

[Feature Request] Add Like song as a method to applescript

Mac 

There doesn't seem to be a way to like the current song in applescript.

8 Replies

Hey there @Muffin_C

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you'd like a feature to be implemented on Spotify allowing you to like a song on AppleScript you can go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. Check out this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

The use case is very niche and I don't expect this to get enough votes to ever to be prioritized.

But this doesn't mean it's not worth doing. Also it should a fairly straight forward change to make.

I'd rather not say it's a niche feature.
Liked songs is what the business of Spotify is about.
(you can see those LIKE buttons in iOS or apple watch apps being VERY ACCESSIBLE). 
So is this for real, we don't have a quick access (shortcut) to the LIKE function in macOS?

bump Bump BUMP!

Muffin_C, did you manage to create an idea?

Yes, in the Spotify's applescript API, Like a song isn't an action that is being provided.

I have submitted it. Please upvote! thanks

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Developer-Add-quot-Like-a-song-quot-to-the...

🤜🤛

Well that went well.

Now what?

Lol! This comment. I agree... now what? It's so odd that it isn't a built-in shortcut.

Now we are supposed to run a twitter campaign or something.
Another post in "closed ideas":
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Keyboard-shortcut-to-add-song-to-liked-songs/i...

Suggested posts