Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

File Count is there, but there aren't any local files.

File Count is there, but there aren't any local files.

Description

Recently I got an android device with 32 GB of storage so I decided "Hey, lets uplaod my mucic to spotify" and that was the plan. Little did I know there were four duplicate of each song. So I unchecked all of the boxes for local file sources and there were 1,552 tracks still in local files. Again ALL local file sources were unchecked. Natraully I tried deleting these files to no avail. Reset all app data for spotify on newly aquired android device and then just added my music folder to spotify local file source manually. It worked. All my files I wanted were in, and I sorted by date to keep the non-playing duplicates at the bottom. Out of sight out of mind. Midst of making a playlist spotify got all buggy and activity monitor said spotify was "Not Responding" Tried to quit spotify. CPU really started heating up because of RRC (Runaway Redundent Code) so had to force quit. Re-oppened spotify and it displayed 3,982 songs, but nothing to select. I have 2,586 tracks on my computer (All files are supported by spotify) Hit play and nothing played. So was a little bummed. Went into the playist I started making and hit play. With the "My Music" selected on local files it plays any local files. Issue is, is I'm unable to put my music onto my spotify, therefor am unable to stream spotify music. 

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Tried to remove duplicits

2. Unchecked all local file sources, over 1500 files were still there

3. Uninstalled and re-installed spotify on both mac and android

4. Put all local files in, roughly 2800 soungs all supported filetypes 

5. Started making a playlist, spotify crapped out, hurt my computer so forcequit

6. All files are missing, but can play 30 of my songs on a playlist. 

What I expected to happen

Easily put all music onto music stream

What actually happened

I'm paying $10 a month for a service I can't use

My Operating System

OSX 10.10.4

Android 5.0.0

My Spotify version

E.g.1.0.4.90

My internet provider and country

Bendbroadband Bend OR USA

My username