Announcements

Firewall Blocking Spotify Error Code auth:16

Re: Firewall Blocking Spotify Error Code auth:16

Hey @rukletsov,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We appreciate the time you've taken to troubleshoot the issue and sharing the results with us. Could you borrow a friend or фamily members account and see if the error comes up there as well? You can also create a free one here with a different email. If it works with the other account, it's possible that the issue is account related. You can use the steps here to transfer your music collection to a new one so that nothing gets lost. 

If the problem persists with other accounts on the same device and across different networks, that would indicate that the root cause lies with the device and your specific setup.

Keep is posted.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Regular
Hi @Mihail,

using another account did not work. However, I contacted support and with their help resolved the issue. Thank you and your colleagues for your help!

For posterity, here is what worked for me:
* Go to the 'update proxy' settings
* Choose 'No Proxy' from the dropdown in the top right corner
* Click 'Update Proxy' on the left, otherwise your change will not be saved!
* Click 'Back To Login'
* Restart the application

Hey @rukletsov,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Glad to hear that everything is running smoothly and you can enjoy your favorite jams again.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Stay safe!

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
SUGGESTED POSTS