Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Folders on Desktop

Folders on Desktop

If I had a folder called Hip-Hop, and I had two playlists within that folder (let's called them 80s and 90s respectively) - I used to be able to play/shuffle both playlists at the same time.  Now when I click on the parent folder (Hip-Hop), the combined playlists no longer appear.  I am now forced either to play 80s or 90s, but not both. The ability to create nested folders and playlists has been crtical to how I organize and play music in my account.  I am not understanding why this was a function that needed to be removed. I see the origianl functionality is in the 0.9.15.27 build of the desktop (windows). but it is not in 1.0.1.988 (Mac).  I would like to petition that this functionality be added back. Luckily I see that this functionality still remains in the Android client.  The web client doesn't seem to have folder support at all.  I am confused and distressed.  I have 100 playlists in my account, and I am scared I won't be able to play the music how I would like.

2 Replies

1.0.1 will be getting more updates that bring back more of the functionality that the old version had. There will also be improvements.

The developers are looking for feedback, so thanks for this thread.
This feature might be coming back, so hopefully you'll see it in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I hope so. I really do.

Suggested posts