Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Followers do not receive a notification when I update a playlist anymore

Followers do not receive a notification when I update a playlist anymore

Earlier when I added one or multiple songs to one of my public playlists the followers of that playlist received a notification. But that notification seems te be broken for some time now. 

The followers already unfollowed and refollowed my playlists but still they aren't receiving any notification when I add a song. 

Is this functionality removed from Spotify? Can I do something to fix this?

3 Replies

@Songburp wrote:

Earlier when I added one or multiple songs to one of my public playlists the followers of that playlist received a notification. But that notification seems te be broken for some time now. 

The followers already unfollowed and refollowed my playlists but still they aren't receiving any notification when I add a song. 

Is this functionality removed from Spotify?

Yes.

Can I do something to fix this?

Well, you could add kudos and a comment here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Playlists-Bring-playlist-notifications-back/idi-...

@OR you could contact @SpotifyCares to tell them how you feel about the decision, but in all honesty going on past performance nothing will be done and any complaints will be ignored.

Follow me

Hey @Songburp,

Welcome to Spotify Community! 🙂

Unfortunately, this functionality is removed from Spotify.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you both so much for the insanely fast response! Awesome community. I searched for this issue before opening a new discussion but failed to find the thread mentioned by @gareth8. 

To be honest, I cannot believe Spotify removed such a basic thing, but this thread isn't the place to discuss that, I think.

I'll follow that other thread, hoping someday these notification will be back 🙂

Suggested posts