Premium

Country

United States 

Device

Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

MacOS Mojave 10.14

My Question or Issue

Just deleted and reinstalled the newest version of Spotify for Desktop and it still isn't updating my Friends' activity correctly. Have tested with multiple friends, still not working! Would like to see what they're listening to and share music!

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Do you get any error messages? Have you tried with another Spotify account or internet connection to see if that help?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

yes! i have tried restarting the computer and have reinstalled spotify multiple times. as i mentioned in the original post, i have a Macbook Pro 2017, MasOS 10.14, and newest version of Spotify for Mac. last reinstalled last night. it updates some of my friends, but i'm following 1600 people, and i know specific people who are public and do not show up in my feed. thanks!

Hey @spotuser1219.

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts