Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Feed Not Updating

Friend Feed Not Updating

Plan: Premium

Device: MacBook Air (2017)

Operating System: iOS10

My Question or Issue: 

Over the past 24 hours, I have been experiencing issues with my friend feed. It only shows friends that have listened within the past 5 hours. All others have dropped off of my feed. Is this a new update? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. Logging out/logging in. Verifying with Facebook. Nothing is working.

6 Replies

Same here. The issue started 26/08/2020. 

MacBook Pro 2015 (iOS10.14.6)

It only shows 2 friends and at one point just "Find Friends", then the two same friends reappeared. I have checked with friends who were listening to music but they did not appear at all on my screen. 

I have tried deleting the Cache, reinstalling the app,, logging in/out, restarting the MacBook, toggling the "Show Friend Activity", unfollowing and re-following friends, as suggested in other threads. 

Nothing works...

Hey there @thegreenbambino and @chachigo,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

As we havenโ€™t seen any similar posts about this recently, could you let us know if youโ€™re still having troubles with this?

If you are, we'd recommend following the steps in this Spotify answer.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For me the issue was resolved on its own during the same week that it was posted in this thread. Gradually my friend's feed started showing more friends until it was restored to normal.

Thank you for your interest and work.

Hey hey @chachigo!

Thanks for confirming this to us. We're happy to hear that this is no longer an issue for you!

Give a shout if there's anything else we can do for you and we'll come running ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Have a lovely day!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just installed the new Mac version. The friend Activity is there, but it doesn't update properly when a friend stops listening. Have to quit Spotify and reopen it, then it's current but never update from that point forward.A current version before the "new" Spotify is working properly. Ideas?

Hey there @kcleo,

Thank you for your post in this thread. We're happy to help.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps that @Elena provided?

It would also be great if you can let us know if this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested posts