Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Feed does not work/update, shows static list of artists

Friend Feed does not work/update, shows static list of artists

Hi, I have been having this problem for a long time now. I assumed it was due to the reworked Activity Feed being rolled out, but I believe it would have been fixed by now if that was the case. I'm running Spotify 1.0.6.80 on Windows (sometimes Mac) and I have tried doing a clean installation.

Basically my Friend Feed is completely static, it only shows five never changing artists without any listening information, and the latest song one artist listened to at the top (see picture).

Any ideas on what may cause this? I have serached the forums but not found any solution.

Note that I do not follow any Facebook friends on Spotify, only artists, but since most artists also have "regular" Spotify accounts I don't think that would be the problem.

Capture.PNG

3 Replies

I have this problem, and i'm starting to wonder if it's some sort of computer setting external to spotify

It seems that the problem for me was simply that I did not follow friends, I only followed artists. So apparently it's not possible to see what artists listen to anymore.

Suggested posts