Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook 2017

Operating System

Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.2 

My friend feed won't load which I see is a common issue lately but also the playlist arts and my own as well as my friends' profile pictures won't show. I have tried the hosts solution and the abba.json solution both have not worked. I have restarted both the app and my computer and reinstalled the Spotify app several times. None of them have worked.

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. I'd recommend installing the latest updates available for Spotify 🙂

If it still persists could you try the steps from this Spotify Answer?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I feel like you haven't read my post because I state that I have done these things

Hey @yesua1,

Sorry but I did read your post 🙂

Have you tried clearing Spotify's leftovers after uninstalling the app using the guide I linked previously?

Which method did you use to the hosts file on your Mac?

Have you tried it with another internet connection or on a new user account on your Mac?

If there're any updates available to Spotify please go ahead and install them.

Please let me know 🙂

hey

thought i would share something i did that has fixed the friend feed problem for me.

1. quit spotify and uninstall it

2. go to Finder

3. on your top toolbar click 'Go' and then 'Go to folder' on the drop down menu

4. in 'Go to folder' type in ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify/.

5. select all the folders and files in that folder and move them to trash can / empty trashcan

6. re-install spotify

hopefully that works for you

(i should mention i am using MacBook Pro - Mojave 10.14.3)

Suggested posts