Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Feed won't Load

Friend Feed won't Load

Plan

Free/PremiumAustralia

Device

Laptop - Acer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My friend feed does not work. It was working one day then the next it wasn't. I have tried reinstalling spotify with no luck. Many say to go to hosts files, which i have done, but none of the lines relate to spotify. This is fustrating me so much and any help would be greatly appreciated 

7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app.

Just follow these steps:

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

You can also follow my guide here to edit the hosts file 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have tried reinstalling spotify and unfortunately that has not helped with the problem. I have the most recent spotify update. I have tried adjusting the hosts file but none of the lines relate to spotify so i deleted all the lines and it didn't change a thing

Hey @ashgamel,

I read that you have already tried that by what you found but please try the steps to reinstall Spotify from what I already sent through my previous post.

Also, use the guide I linked to edit the hosts file 🙂

Please let me know how you get on,

hey i'm having the exact same problem! it is very frustrating and confusing, if you find a solution please let me know. thanks - kat.

Thank you for your suggestions but i have tried them all and my friend feed is still not working.

Will do! Im so frustrated right now haha

Hey @ashgamel,

Could you try creating another user account and install Spotify there?

Attach a screenshot if you're getting any error messages.

If you happen to have another account please try to sign in and see if you get the same error.

Let me know how it goes.

Edit: 

Also, please note that this issue is already under investigation.

Be sure to check this ongoing issues thread out for more instructions and details about it. I'll try to help you with troubleshooting in this thread as well 🙂

Suggested posts