Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend activity and scrobbling to last.fm doesn't work

Solved!

Friend activity and scrobbling to last.fm doesn't work

I've tried everything, but my friends can't see me listening to music on spotify and the connecting to last.fm is not working. No private session activated and my settings allow others to see my activity. 
Restarting won't work, even tried reinstalling spotify, wouldn't work either. 
Strangely it works when I use the spotify app on my mobile phone, but not when I'm using the desktop app or the sonos app. Anyone ever had trouble with this and found a solution? Couldn't find any topics on this so I hope someone can help out, thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sijsje95

Maybe you should try logging in to your last.fm account in browser and leave it logged in. Last.fm should load up a "give permission to this device/scrobbler to access your account?" page when you're connecting something.

...I also have difficulties scrobbling when I'm logged out of last.fm. Not just Spotify, pretty much everywhere.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @sijsje95

Maybe you should try logging in to your last.fm account in browser and leave it logged in. Last.fm should load up a "give permission to this device/scrobbler to access your account?" page when you're connecting something.

...I also have difficulties scrobbling when I'm logged out of last.fm. Not just Spotify, pretty much everywhere.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts