Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend activity disappearing and then some reappearing

Friend activity disappearing and then some reappearing

My Question or Issue: Hi! So I opened up my Spotify and only 3 friends activity were present when I usually have 10. So I read to update my computer, uninstall everything on my computer that dealt with Spotify and the re-download it, restart my computer and it did not help right away, but 2 more friends showed up after a couple of hours. Not sure how to get the remaining back, but I know they recently have listen to music and said they did not change any setting on their computers. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd really appreciate it! 

other info

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

MacBook Air 2019

Operating System

macOS Catalina

11 Replies

Hey @dllama,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I have had that same problem, where my "Friends Feed" only shows 3 one day, then the next show 15. LOL I know I have a lot of friends. Any way to prevent that from happening, I would suggest you not close the Spotify App while you are away from the computer. Please let me know if this is not the case. Meanwhile, I will research this issue. I will get back to you ASAP when I find a solution to this problem. Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day!

Hey @dIlama,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Your friends might have turned on the Private Session mode, which means their followers can't see what they are currently listening to. After six hours, the Private Session will automatically turn off, and you will see them back on your activity tab.

I hope this helps,
@Cubekid

I had this same problem the other day, but now the entire section of my friends' activity is gone now. Does anyone have any idea why? Thanks.

Hey there @Mavey_Cal-Zov!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We have received a few other reports about users not being able to see their Friend Activity feed and we're currently looking further into this.

Feel free to leave your details and +Vote here. Hopefully we'll have more info on this soon!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I have the same issue. I can only see 3 friends' activity when I normally can see 10+. I have tried re-installing the app and re-starting my computer, I've also tried toggling friend activity on and off and nothing is working. Is there a solution to this yet?

Hi @ariannaeliz

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

This is an issue that's been reported recently by other users. This is the thread that's handling this specific issue, so please check out the recommendations given there.

If the issue persists, make sure to add the information requested in the post and add your Vote+ to it, this way you can stay up to date with any developments about it. 

Cheers.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Please tell me that this problem will be fixed soon, it's screwing with my friend activity section too. I KNOW I am following more than five of my friends who have their activity on, and I've tried everything to fix it on my own.

ME pasa lo mismo HOY 2022! y aun no se soluciona!! Lo único diferenciador de spotify con las otras plataformas era lo social y hoy lo arruinaron, en mi pais apple music es mas barato y tienen la opción Lossless que se escucha mil veces mejor. Pésimo servicio Spotify

you get how much money and this issue has not even been sorted yet. useless....

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

In this case we suggest that you head over to this thread and check out the information in the Top Answers of the thread.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Spotify updated and switched everyones listening activity off. Now each of your friends have to go back and click on their Spotify settings and turn on their “listening activity”.

Suggested posts