Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend activity feed NOT WORKING AGAIN!!!!!

Friend activity feed NOT WORKING AGAIN!!!!!

I live in New Zealand, have premium Spotify and my friend feed doesn't seem to be updating what my friends are listening to. Some friends have even disappeared from my activity feed but 1 day ago it was working fine. My MacBook Pro is early 2017 issue so basically new and is all up to date with the latest update! PLEASE fix this issue soon, its happened before and it took ages before that was finally fixed 

7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd recommend installing the latest updates available for both, Spotify and macOS 🙂

If it still persists could you try the steps from this Spotify Answer?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

hey

just thought i would share something i did that has fixed this problem for me. 

1. quit spotify and uninstall it

2. go to Finder

3. on your top toolbar click 'Go' and then 'Go to folder' on the drop down menu

4. in 'Go to folder' type in ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify/.

5. select all the folders and files in that folder and move them to trash can / empty trashcan

6. re-install spotify

hopefully that works for you

(i should mention i am using MacBook Pro - Mojave 10.14.3)

This is happening for me. Some friends activity is showing and some is not. 😞

I've tried restarting my computer. I've tried a clean install of Spotify. I've also tried the terminal command line update and every other possible option here. Nothing is working.

Mac Desktop OS: 10.14.3 (18D109)

Spotify: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25

Hey @heyerok,

Could you check this thread?

Thanks 🙂

That happens to me whenever I deactivate my Facebook account, the Friend activity feed disappears.

Hi @pnrjason,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting on this thread.

Could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your app where the Friend Feed is supposed to be?

If this is what you're seeing, try clicking on the back arrow and check if you're able to see your Spotify friend's activity.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This seems to have been a consistent issue for many years, apparently it has to do with the Facebook >< Spotify integration. I hope the devs will prioritize solving this, as it's one of my preferred features in Spotify, and always serves as great inspiration (when it's working, that is). 

Suggested posts