Friend feed only show 2/4 friends

Highlighted

Friend feed only show 2/4 friends

Eowilia
Regular

It's not REALLY an issue but it's so darn annoying.

I have 4 people i'm actually following on Spotify but for some reason only 2 of them show up in the friendfeed, showing what they're listening to eventhough i _know_ the other two also are listening to music at the same time. Why is that? Is it possible to fix that somehow? Before.. with the old feed (where they showed every song and the cover of it i did actually see them but not with the new one) They're only placed under the tab "more friends"

19 Replies

Re: Friend feed only show 2/4 friends

N3XITH
Community Legend

Hi, the Reason this happens is because Spotify won't show the friends in your Feed that aren't active. Hope this answers your question.

I Like Music

Cool

nico331

Are there any other reason? I have tried playing music on my friend's laptop and it still does not show her activity, yet my other friends can?

jschultzrx

Yeah, this is not solved.  I have the same issue.  Friend is showing up under "More Friends" and not showing their activity.  Said friend is very active listener, so it's not the fact that they are not playing music.  

kspokas

Same here, I only see the same two friends even though I follow many that are active users. 

vircandia
Casual Listener

this isnt true

l053R
Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem. People seem to slowly move from 'Friend activity' list to 'More friends' list. I originally had around 7 people I followed on friend activity, and now about a year later I only have 1 and all others are in the 'More friends' list.

You update the player like fckn every day but you can't get this actually good feature to work in months?? This is bs.

citizen_u

Well I can't find a way to get some of my friend's activity in the feed.. I constantly have two of them and every now and then a thhird one pops up..

Any idea @spotify?

twhitson

I have this same issue. I follow some friends on Facebook as well as a couple coworkers who I share music with. I can see a few of my Facebook friends, but no one I follow outside of Facebook.

thermo

Same here, I see in the feed only two friends under "Friends activities" and I can see what they listen. My girlfriend is below, under "other friends" and the feed doesn't shows what she listens.. In all the three cases I just pushed "follow".. Where's the point in randomly splitting friends in two distinct cathegories with different privileges with no possibility to change the situation? And, above all, for real, as it appears reading the forums, there's no answer to this questions since years? Very bad...

SUGGESTED POSTS