Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Macbook Air 2015

Operating System

Mac OS 10.14

My Question or Issue

My friend feed is showing my friend's activity, for those that allowed their activity to be followed. But the friend feed won't actually update, usually when starting Spotify the friend feed updates for ±3 songs and then stops updating. As soon as I restart Spotify I can see my friends current song, but I don't want to restart spotify every 3 songs as this will also mean my own music stops playing

EDIT: my friend feed is correctly updating on my Windows 10 PC, this allows me to see if spotify is updating the friend feed correctly on my Macbook

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I'm facing the same issue. My operational system is Mac OS 10.14 too. On my windows PC, it works perfectly. But on my macOS, every time I got to restart the application to get updates of what music my friends are listening to. 

Suggested posts