Device

Macbook Pro late 2016

Operating System

OSX Mojave 10.14.5

My Question or Issue

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Brief description of the issue: Friend's list activity not updating

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Created a new spotify account, downloaded OSX app from Spotify website, added a friend, saw him on my "Friend Activity" feed, but the feed never updates
  2. Possibly related?  Spotify won't recommend me music, suggests I haven't listened to enough?
  3. Also possibly related: a 3rd party website wouldn't load my spotify data

What steps you’ve tried already:

I restarted the app a few times.

Your device and operating system OSX Mojave 10.14.5

Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium): Premium

The app version of Spotify you’re using: 1.1.8.439.g8502297d

Any screenshots, if they can help to explain your issue:

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

I found this issue which sounds the same but says "solved" and asked for me to start a new post if I had a problem

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Friend-Feed-not-updating-correctly/idi-p/4409453

Attached screen shot of friend who has been listening to same eminem song for 4 days.

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 5.15.50 PM.png
1 Reply

Hi @1ci8192r2yj1o0x and welcome to the Community! 🙂

The Friend Feed bar will display who is currently listening to Spotify with a small volume icon at the time they are online - or it will show your friends list with their last period of activity. In this case, it looks like your friend was active 4 days ago and that was the last song they were listening to.
If you think that this 4 day time frame may be in error, you can try out this Spotify Answer for Mac. It addresses when the Friend Feed fails to update properly.
I hope this was helpful and have an amazing day! 🙂

Suggested posts