Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friends Activity: some friends disappear from feed (Mac desktop)

Friends Activity: some friends disappear from feed (Mac desktop)

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

MacBookAir6,2 (2014)

Operating System

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6

Spotify version

1.1.20.510.g7d28aaaa

Account Type

Not linked to Facebook

My Question or Issue

I'm following 4 people. About two weeks ago, one friend disappeared from my Friend Activity feed. I fixed this by logging out of Spotify on both my desktop and iOS, and rebooting both.

However, today, one friend disappeared again. I logged off of Spotify for both my desktop and mobile but the friend is still not showing. I reinstalled the desktop app but no change. (I tried unfollowing/following, and turning my Activity panel off/on, as well.)

The friend had been inactive for 3 days. As asked in https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Why-do-friends-disappear-from-recent-activity/m-p/4... does Friend Activity disappear if they are inactive?

Any other advice?

1 Reply

This problem has recurred a few times since my original post. Generally, friends disappear after 3 days of activity but, about a week ago, one of my friends was showing after inactivity for 4 days. However, yesterday, I quit my desktop app and, when I opened it back up, 1 of my friends whose feed I haven't seen for ages reappeared, 1 existing one remained, and 2 disappeared. I logged out again and and other followed account disappeared.  I've tried logging out of both desktop and mobile and rebooting both apps and hardware/devices. Still only seeing 2 of the people I follow. Suggestions?

Suggested posts