Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friends Disappear From Friend's Tab

Friends Disappear From Friend's Tab

Today, I logged onto the desktop version of Spotify only to discover that everyone was missing from the friend's tab on the spotify app. I was still following them in my following, but their names and profiles had completely disappeared from it, and refollowing them only made it so their names would appear under a "Other Friends" tab that didn't previously exist. Before hand, when a user would go offline, it would still show their profile's previous played song before they had logged off, along with from where (playlist, album, artist, etc.), so I don't THINK it's because they've logged off. In addition to all this, only CERTAIN friends seem to reappear but others don't? I don't understand WHY this is happening, and want a fix as soon as possible 😞 I like getting new music by seeing what they are currently/were listening to. In the attached image, it's an example of what I'm seeing on my friends tab instead. (after unfollowing and refollowing them all)

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 12.00.21 PM.png
4 Replies

The same thing happened to me just now.  wth?!

Is this temporary glitch, Spotify, or a programming change?

If it's a change, I don't like it!

I have the same problem 😞 

I think (and hope!) it's just a temporary glitch. 

same thing happened to me. when i first opened the app today it was saying connect with facebook for more friends then i restared the mac and there were just 2 friends of mine and the other were gone so sad i hope there will be a solution as quick as possible.

I've had the same issue. I reached out to Spotify's chat support, which helped a little (maximized window, then opened, closed and reopened the right sidebar). Many of my friends feeds have returned, but quite a few still haven't. I have a feeling it was an update last week that did this, defaulting "Publish my Activity on Spotify" to Off, but that's only my best guess. Would love to learn more about what's happening

Suggested posts