Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

From 2015: "Is there a list view ... or are we restricted to this inconvenient grid view?"

From 2015: "Is there a list view ... or are we restricted to this inconvenient grid view?"

Given it has been OVER 6 YEARS since this request was first made, and Spotify has done NOTHING to address a basic need, I wanted to get it back in front of the community as an active thread (Spotify ignored and buried the original, here).

"Is there a list view for albums/artists etc or are we restricted to this inconvenient grid view?"
Sharke, 2015-05-19 03:58 AM

"I keep looking for a way to view my categories as a list instead of this awful grid view with album covers which is I guess all the rage in design but is HORRIBLE from a usability perspective, however I cannot find any such option. Am I missing something or has Spotify just completely failed to implement something so basic?"

1 Reply

My posts over the past 5 years bear repeating:

user_y
‎2019-06-12 07:49 PM

My post from nearly three years ago bears repeating:

usery
2018-06-11 10:01 AM
My post from nearly two years ago bears repeating:

usery
2016-07-23 12:24 AM
It's 2016 now 2017 2018 2019 2021 and stupid unicorn design like that of the Spotify desktop client grid view has largely gone the way of the unicorn. Except of course in Spotify's desktop client app.

This isn't the only absurd UX in the desktop app - it's just among the most ineffective UX.

Suggested posts