Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full Screen playback time is incorrect

Full Screen playback time is incorrect

When turning on full screen player mode, the played duration of the current song is sometimes shown incorrectly and duration slider is often white (means that the song is fully played) although the song is still playing.

Plan

Premium

Country

Latvia

Device

MacBook Pro 13-inch 2017

Operating System

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3.

My Question or Issue

When turning on full screen player mode, the played duration of the current song is sometimes shown incorrectly and duration slider is often white (means that the song is fully played) although the song is still playing. See the attachments below!

Снимок экрана 2021-04-22 в 21.16.21.png
8 Replies

Hi there @DJ_EBAN,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you remove any hosts files by following these steps:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

:Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'll try to perform clean reinstall first and then I'll see how it goes. Thank you in advance!

Hi!

I did each and every step to make a full Spotify reinstall and it worked perfectly. But reinstalled Spotify converted back to previous version which has a different full-screen player (see the attachment below). It has no problems with duration slider but I cannot update to a new, redesigned desktop version (which I prefer more) and see how full-screen player works there. That's why I don't think that it can be counted as a solution.

Hey @DJ_EBAN

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We're unable to see the attachment, could you try again? 

Also, could you let us know the Spotify version you're currently running?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Good evening!Снимок экрана 2021-04-24 в 15.39.48.jpgСнимок экрана 2021-04-24 в 15.48.35.jpg

Hi @DJ_EBAN

Thanks for the info. 

We're currently rolling out the new desktop app, so you should be able to see the new interface again soon. 

If the issue persists after updating the app, let us know and we'll continue with the help. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! So Spotify desktop app has finally updated to version 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a and, unfortunately, this problem with playback time still occurs.

Hey there @DJ_EBAN

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Would you mind asking a friend or a family member to log in to their account in your PC to check if this issue persists with a different account?

On another note, we suggest that you head over to Settings > Show advanced settings > Compatibility > Enable hardware acceleration and toggle this option off.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts