Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Funky Town Labelled Explicit?

Solved!

Funky Town Labelled Explicit?

I mean, I looked up the lyrics just to make sure I wasn't mishearing anything.  There is literally no swearing or explicit content in Funkytown.  I'm not super concerned really, except I honestly am plerplexed as to why this is.

It makes me wonder what other songs at mislabelled explicit, and I generally skip over explicit songs, so is there music I might have liked in there somewhere, that I didn't even bother to listen to?  A puzzle to be sure.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

I dont think its up to Spotify to decide which songs are marked as explicit but it could very well be an error. So I think it's best for you to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours to get a reply.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey!

I dont think its up to Spotify to decide which songs are marked as explicit but it could very well be an error. So I think it's best for you to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours to get a reply.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I too am baffled. Any further information on this?

maybe they're worried about people mishearing 'funky' for 'f**ky'

Suggested posts