Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Give a way for users to roll back versions

Give a way for users to roll back versions

I don't like the inefficiency, look or feel of the current version 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a

Why can't we have things in lists, why is everything in album cover form hidden behind the inefficiency of more clicks? The mobile app is really annoyingly difficult to use and now the whole desktop thing is like that. I have carpal tunnel and unnecessary clicks actually impacts my life, and I simply will use the app less. 

I don't care about new features, I don't care about how it makes it easier on your side, I want the old view back and there is simply no way to roll back versions and I can't say no to updates, it just downloads them and as soon as I close it, it updates. That's literally not how software has ever worked or is supposed to work. There is no choice and that's really disturbing.

Why is that a problem? Because software updates are elective considering every time you download a program or update, it's possible something breaks, or gets a virus or something. How do your users know your software update won't irreparably harm their system? They don't. That's why it's really irresponsible of you to force your users without any choice or opportunity to say no or roll back your decisions. It's not okay.

Things like this should have an opt in for automatic updates and spotify should minimally keep a handful of official versions that users can roll back to in case of major problems on their system or with the update. Its irresponsible to leave users to downloading unofficial possibly virus laden versions on the web. It just what good software developers do and what customers expect.

1 Reply

Hey @Sogar_Dispenser, thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

I understand your concern about this and I have passed your feedback on to the right folks. Currently, it isn't possible to revert to older versions of Spotify officially, but you can create a new Idea about this here, and make sure to get support from people - as it can reach the internal teams at Spotify. Again, I appreciate you sharing your feedback and it's appreciated by me and Spotify.

You can always reply if you need a hand with anything else. Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts