Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Grey bar in full screen mode

Grey bar in full screen mode

I have a macbook pro, and whenever I use the spotify appn I downloaded in full screen mode, it has a grey bar at the top of the screen. It makes it difficult to see the song I am playing along with making it hard to see what I'm typing in the search bar. Please fix this, it's very frustrating. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 1.39.40 PM.png
8 Replies

Hey! Please try the below method:
1. Update the Spotify app to latest version or
2. Reinstall the Spotify app or
3. Restart your computer.

Please let me know if you have any question.
Don't forget accept as solution.

I tried it. Updated to version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc. Still get the grey bar. 

I am on OS X 10.10.5

I'm on 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 on a MacBook Air and also have this issue.

I've restarted, but not re-installed (this would lose me all my downloaded playlists, i'm pretty sure).

My OS is 10.10.5

Same here. Everything is updated to newest version, except the brains of Spotify's app designers.

I don't know if I should be relieved that it isn't just me. I thought something was wrong with my computer, turns out Spotify dropped a gray bar and is too lazy to pick it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same - I spoke to a 'Spotify helper / assistant' (bot?) online and they looked at the issue and did nothing. Couple of months ago - guess they don't care and want people to move to another streaming provider?

So for a variety of reasons I upgraded my OS to macOS High Sierra (10.13.5) and all is good with the app now—no grey bar.

I know that most people don't want to take such a drastic measure, but just for the record, it fixed the issue for me.

It's not a perfect solution, but I've started creating a second desktop page using Mission Control and then making the Spotify window as big as possible there - without entering full screen. That way, you can still easily switch back and forth between Spotify and your main desktop page, without the annoyance of the gray bar! (see the plus at the top right of the screen to make an additional desktop page)

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 11.31.47 PM.png

Suggested posts