Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have to refresh playlist everytime I change order of songs

Have to refresh playlist everytime I change order of songs

Plan

Premium Family

Country

United States

Device

Macbook Air

Operating System

OS X Version 10.5.9

Hi, I'm having trouble ordering the songs on my playlist. Since this morning, every time I change the order of the song, the song won't actually go into its new spot unless I refresh the page. So I have to refresh the page every single time I change the order of the song in the playlist in order for the playlist to reflect the new order. I thought it was a problem with my browser or software but I updated both and tried different browsers but it's the same on all of them. Does anyone have an answer how I can fix this? Or is it just a spotify bug that I have to wait for them to fix? Thank you!

1 Reply

Hey there @violadude1

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Macbook? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's playlist features.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts