Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having lots of problems with Spotify.

Having lots of problems with Spotify.

Hello, I have the latest Spotify desktop app version running on my MacBook Pro and it has "crashed" 3 times today. It does not close completely but it completely stops responding to everything, does not play music, and does not allow opening windows in the app. Each time it has worked after restarting it, but it would be better if this issue would not happen so frequently and there was a way to fix the problem without restarting the app.

Additionally, I had to type out this whole thing again after I tried to submit it, it asked me to log in, and then everything I typed completely disappeared.

Please let me know if you can help me with these issues or if any more information is needed on my end, thank you.
2 Replies

Hi!

I'm sorry you're having issues with your Spotify app crashing. Let's see what we can do about it!

I recommend performing a clean install when the app completely crashes, especially multiple times.

Please follow these instructions to perform a clean install of the Spotify app.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Try performing a full clean reinstall, that can help fix a lot of issues. Make sure to not skip any steps and leave the device off for at least a few minutes. If the problem persists afterwards, could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • When did this start happening?
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts