Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having to reinstall app every time I use it.

Having to reinstall app every time I use it.

Device

Macbook Pro late 2017

Operating System

MacOS

My Question or Issue

On it's help page, spotify has decided that it's more realistic to try and list every potential issue anyone could ever have, rather than just let people tell them what the issue is and of course "app wont open" isn't a selectable option. (hilariously none of the options cover anything that could be a spotify problem, it's all  stuff like "So, you're an **bleep** who can't use technology", because of course spotify is forever perfect and never goes wrong?)

I open the app, I use the app, I close the app. When I next come to use it, "application Spotify can't be opened". I have reinstalled it every single morning this week and it's getting kind of old. Since they are too arrogant to have an actual bug reporter (having a bug reporter is to admit you are not perfect) I'll file it here, because why not?

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 12.16.34.png
1 Reply

Hi there!

Could you try using the Remove Offline Devices and Sign Out Everywhere from your Spotify account page?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts