Device

Macbook Pro late 2016

Operating System

macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

Spotify Verion

1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd

My Question or Issue

search does not appear to be working for many scenarios.  examples:

1)  title:billie    which should produce a host of songs including billie jean, produces 'No results found for "title:billie"' .   if I simply type billie in search, then i get all sorts of billies including billie jean.

2)  year:1982 AND artist:michael     which should produce among other things, billie jean from Michael Jackson.  instead i get 'No results found for "year:1982 AND artist:michael"'  

What I basically want is to be able to search certain artists and certain songs.   This used to be able to be done.   I don't know what has happened.  

By the way.  I have deleted the app from my macbook pro, deleted the spotify application support library and reinstalled.   No luck.  same thing.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @songs4kurt,

I referred to all of them 🙂

Advanced searching doesn't work. Right now only artist:, album: and track: work.

You can support this idea and keep an eye for any update to it.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @songs4kurt, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, we're often testing possible improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period. 

That feature isn't working at the moment. However, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hi Loren,

Thanks for your response.  A few other followup questions.

1)  I spent a good amount of time researching for the latest comprehensive search features and don't know where to find them.   It seems either that most have been stripped away or have changed.  

2)  When you say "That feature isn't working at the moment."  Which of the features I mentioned were you referring to, boolean logic; some or all labels in front of search term such as "title"; any kind of specified search?

3)  Right now I'm trying to figure out how to simply look for a song with swift in the title, but not all songs by Taylor Swift who swamps my results.  Suggestions?  

I appreciate your help.

Kurt

Marked as solution

Hey @songs4kurt,

I referred to all of them 🙂

Advanced searching doesn't work. Right now only artist:, album: and track: work.

You can support this idea and keep an eye for any update to it.

Have a nice day 🙂

Loren,

Thanks for the speedy responses.  I've gone head and voted it up.

All the best,

Kurt

Suggested posts