Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help - Currently playing interrupted by random playlists

Help - Currently playing interrupted by random playlists

Plan: Premium

Device

2018 Macbook Pro - MacOS 10.14.2

Artists and playlists I have never searched for are randomly playing in my queue. This is NOT the "keep playing music" feature after an album is over.

1. I will be listening to music and the track changes part-way into a song. The attached screenshot shows that Godspeed was interrupted by the "Zero Under" playlist by "Music Girl" a user that i DO NOT know.

2. I will open spotify after a period of inactivity to find that an artist "Sandman Breathing" has 'played' for hours. I've never searched for this artist, nor have I actively played it like this.

My devices list only lists this macbook and my phone. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 11.18.17.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 11.18.42.png
3 Replies

Hey @pcartelli, help's arrived.

Sounds like your account is being used somewhere else. We suggest that you go through this help article for further steps and in order to make sure your account is secured. You'll find all the necessary info there. 

Hope that helps!

Hi, I'm getting this issue, I can't listen to more than 30 seconds of any track before it changes to a track I don't want nor had I heard of ('From Home' by Cholosus) I've even cancelled my account and come back because of it. I've changed my password, signed out of everywhere and signed back in, and STILL the problem. It's driving me crazy - I can't listen to any albums any more. Can you help?!? Thankyou! Mark

Hi there @brent_mused,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We'd recommend you run a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps described here as well.

Can you let us know if this is happening on all your devices and if it's occurring at random times in the day?

Also, let us know if this is happening when you're logged in with another account on your device. You can ask a friend/family member to log in with theirs or create a new test account.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts