Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help - can't search for friends

Solved!

Help - can't search for friends

No idea why, but if I search for any of my Facebook friends in the "search" bar, nothing comes up... even if I just search something simple like "Mike" or "Katie".  I am linked with Facebook and don't remember having this issue before.  Just want to find a couple people to follow and send music to.

Also, if I go to "follow" in the top left, I can see suggested friends to follow, so I know my friends are linking... but I can't search to find specific ones.

Help!!!!!!  This makes no sense!!  What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@peterlt - You should now be able to view all of your Facebook friends who have Spotify who you do not already follow (or who you have no ignored by clicking the "x" beside their name) from the Follow Tab. 

There are other non-Facebook ways you can find friends too, check out this tutorial 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

34 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you see any Facebook friend suggestions in the follow tab?

Peter

Peter

Yes, but can't search for anybody specific.  And I have a LOT of friends on FB who use Spotify (because Spotify is awesome), so I was seeing if there was a better way than hitting "refresh" 100 times.

Yeah you should definitely be able to search! 

Just to confirm you don't see the search suggestions when you enter a name under the heading "User" like outlined in this tutorial

Peter

Peter

Correct.... For example, here is what I see if I search "Michael"... no "Users" category on the bottom. 

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 12.30.04 PM.png

Very strange! 

Can you try logging out and back in again and/or disconnecting+reconnecting to Facebook from the preferences menu if you have a dedicated Spotify username style account (since you don't get that option if your account was created via Facebook). 

Peter

Peter

Peter, I'm also having some similar issues when I use Spotify. I also cannot search my friends using the search bar

Working fine here, 0.9.4.169.gc0399df6.

Havin the same issue. Have logged out and back in as well as disconnecting/reconnecting Spotify and FB as was suggested earlier...all to no avail. Please help! I really, really  need this feature. 🙂

I have the same problem. I can only find people among the "user" kategori who Im already following. People who Im not following and who I know have spotify wont show up in the search field. Is there another way to searching for those friends and follow them?

Marked as solution

@peterlt - You should now be able to view all of your Facebook friends who have Spotify who you do not already follow (or who you have no ignored by clicking the "x" beside their name) from the Follow Tab. 

There are other non-Facebook ways you can find friends too, check out this tutorial 😉 

Peter

Peter

@Peter wrote:

Peter

I have the same problem, and have scoured the web for a solution to no avail.

Could you help?

I also have the same problem 😞

I have the same problem. Cant find any friends from facebook. My account is connected with facebook

Same problem here - can it please get solved? Also, how do I get access to people I have "deleted" (without even knowing that these suggestions will be completely unavailable in the future!)

I'm having the same problem - didn't realize when I ignored people I wouldn't be able to find them again. Anyone know how to bring them back? Thanks!

I don't use facebook but I was wondering what would happen if you removed a friend in facebook then added them back as a friend. Would that confuse spotify enough for them to show up again? Anyone tried this?

i have the same problem, is there a solution, or are you ignoring this topic???

follow.JPG

I think the issue is here on the community we have never found a solution to Facebook friends being missing. I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form and see if they have any suggestions?

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi Peter, I'm having the same problem, I cannot find any friends either using the search tab or in the follow one...

But I remember I might have clicked the (x) at the very beginning when some friends appeared as a suggestion (I just wanted to postpone the add, not to delete or make it impossible forever)... I fear that this is avoiding now the search of friends, right?

What can I do to see the suggestions again, or to be able to find any friends at all?

the funniest thing, is that when I click on SHARE song, I type a friend's name and I can see all my facebook friends with that name (i.e Mike, I see all the Mikes)...it is kind of weird.

Thanks for your help!

M

Suggested posts