Help - can't search for friends

Solved!
Solution!

Re: Help - can't search for friends

Peter__
Community Legend

@peterlt - You should now be able to view all of your Facebook friends who have Spotify who you do not already follow (or who you have no ignored by clicking the "x" beside their name) from the Follow Tab. 

There are other non-Facebook ways you can find friends too, check out this tutorial ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

user-removed
Not applicable

@Peter wrote:

@peterlt - You should now be able to view all of your Facebook friends who have Spotify who you do not already follow (or who you have no ignored by clicking the "x" beside their name) from the Follow Tab. 

There are other non-Facebook ways you can find friends too, check out this tutorial ;) 

Peter

I have the same problem, and have scoured the web for a solution to no avail.

Could you help?

Encien
Casual Listener
I also have the same problem :(

nick_3f

I have the same problem. Cant find any friends from facebook. My account is connected with facebook

Beih

Same problem here - can it please get solved? Also, how do I get access to people I have "deleted" (without even knowing that these suggestions will be completely unavailable in the future!)

bdetz

I'm having the same problem - didn't realize when I ignored people I wouldn't be able to find them again. Anyone know how to bring them back? Thanks!

Joe
Community Legend

I don't use facebook but I was wondering what would happen if you removed a friend in facebook then added them back as a friend. Would that confuse spotify enough for them to show up again? Anyone tried this?

MrsGeolino
Regular

i have the same problem, is there a solution, or are you ignoring this topic???

follow.JPG

Peter__
Community Legend

I think the issue is here on the community we have never found a solution to Facebook friends being missing. I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form and see if they have any suggestions?

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi Peter, I'm having the same problem, I cannot find any friends either using the search tab or in the follow one...

But I remember I might have clicked the (x) at the very beginning when some friends appeared as a suggestion (I just wanted to postpone the add, not to delete or make it impossible forever)... I fear that this is avoiding now the search of friends, right?

What can I do to see the suggestions again, or to be able to find any friends at all?

the funniest thing, is that when I click on SHARE song, I type a friend's name and I can see all my facebook friends with that name (i.e Mike, I see all the Mikes)...it is kind of weird.

Thanks for your help!

M

SUGGESTED POSTS