Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

High CPU usage on OS

High CPU usage on OS

Dear Spotify, 

for your information, this is still a thing and I can't believe it.

The Spotify Helper Render is running like crazy in the background and leading to high CPU usage, energy costs and the fan's getting crazy.

Please find a solution.

Kindest regards,

accattone

2 Replies

Hey @accattone,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app, following this Guide. This will assure you're running the latest app version and that there are no issues caused by old app cache. If you're on Windows it's worth trying which app works better on your system. There is the MS store version and the version from our web page. The MS store version is more optimized, however it causes issues such as this one on some computers.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@accattone, I am so sorry at how you have been treated by the Spotify corporation, which has still not followed up on your problem credibly although many others are experiencing it as well. I am sorry the support rep, Alex, is confused — asking you about "Windows" when you are posting in the "Mac" forum (it clarifies why these reps are incapable of handling anything).

Keep an eye out for possible class action lawsuits (or consider starting one):
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Spotify-Apple-Silicon-Class-Action-Lawsuit/td-p/5223639

Suggested posts