NEXT STEP

High memomory usage persists

High memomory usage persists

Device

iMac Mid 2011, 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5, 20GB RAM

Operating System

OSX 10.13.6

My Question or Issue

Occasionally Spotify App on our home Mac would unexpectedly crash or freeze on us before, and still does lately. This made me keep an eye open for potential technical problems on this Mac that relete to Spotify. I've most prominently noticed fastly increasing memory usage, which would suggest memory leaks in the application.

Computer restarted almost 36 hours ago:

Memory tab in Sytem ActivityMemory tab in Sytem ActivitySpotify Helper process statisticsSpotify Helper process statistics

Reading up a bit teaches me that this issue is not new to Spotify. Please finally do something about this. I know that programming resources are hard to engage on this from a marketing perspective, but this is really annoying, and has a serious impact on my sense of security while running Spotify.

2 Replies

Hey @sneeuwitje,

I found this solution that may be helpful.

Hope it goes well!

For updates on this issue, you can read about it here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Mac-Desktop-app-has-memory-leak/idi-p/4596624

Version 1.0.96.181 was just released and it should fix this memory leak issue. If you are still having trouble, please post your experience.

It will be rolling out, but you should be able to get it by downloading and installing from the Spotify website.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts