Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home Recently Played List not updating

Home Recently Played List not updating

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

2015 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Operating System

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

My Question or Issue

My "Recently Played" list under "Home" on the desktop app stopped updating for weeks, logging out or reinstalling desktop app won't help. The app on my phone works fine, just the desktop app.

5 Replies

Hi @sh7dows, thanks for posting about this. The Spotify team is aware of this issue and looking into it, although there is currently no timeline for a fix. In the meantime, you should be able to access an accurate version of this list by clicking "recently played" in the Your Library section of the program. Also, please be sure to follow this ongoing issue for updates on this.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same issue and keep having to look at some **bleep**, slahed up Dutch rapper because somehow he thinks thats cool to put on his album cover. Note that I never listened to this **bleep** but I got hacked and now this disturbing image won't go away. And to make it worse it's the first thing I see when I start Spotify. 

Can't say that this is worth my 10 euros every month..

Same issue on PC.

Crazy that the first thing you see when you open the program, right at the top. Is so low priority that it is broken for nearly half a year, with 'no timeline for a fix'.

Same issue here. Crazy no timeline on fix.

It resolved for me when they pushed the black lives matter playlists to the top of the home screen (one more thing to give BLM credit for! 😉 )

Now I get the regular stuff, my recommended music, daily mixes etc.  

Suggested posts