Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Do I Mass Delete/Unlike Liked Songs On Spotify App for Mac Desktop?

How Do I Mass Delete/Unlike Liked Songs On Spotify App for Mac Desktop?

Premium

Device

Macbook Air

Operating System

macOS 10.14

I would like to delete/unlike all my liked songs at once. The answers I've found describing how to do it say to go to the "songs" folder in the left panel, but I don't have anything that just says "Songs" in the left panel. I see something called "Liked Songs" though. When I click that and follow the instructions I found, which say to hit Cmd+A and then right click and choose delete or hit the delete key, nothing happens. It doesn't work.

10 Replies

Hey @tbilzie, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Yes, the Songs folder is now called Liked Songs. Learn more here about the changes made to Your Library.

Also, to remove all liked songs start by selecting one song and hit CMD + A when inside Liked Songs. Once all the songs in there are selected hit Backspce on your keyboard.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hi, this doesn’t work for me. I can hit CMD+A and get it to select all but
if I hit delete nothing happens.

Hey @tbilzie,

Could you try using the Remove from Your Library option in the pop up menu after right clicking?

Thanks 🙂

The problem is it won’t allow me to right click multiple selections at all.
If I right click no right click menu pops up. But if I only make a single
selection and right click then the right click menu does pop up with the
delete option.

Hey @tbilzie,

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

Thanks 🙂

It is possible to delete all songs from the 'liked songs' playlist. Just so you know, there is no way to search for songs under the Album or Artist tabs if you want to put some of them back. You will literally have to look through the album and artist tab manually to find songs you want to add to 'liked songs'. 

worked thanks

I'm on the desktop app on my MacBook Air. The cmd+A option does not work with neither Chrome nor Firefox browsers. It selects everything in the window - all text, all images - EXCEPT the songs. This seems like a gross oversight in the app functionality. I want to remove a bunch of songs my kids put on there when they were 12 and under (read: Disney). How can I do that without having to go through the onerous/multi-step single song selection and delete?

Hey @1218535182,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

When you're playing your music in the Web Player, as it's still a Webpage, the CMD+A will select all the content of the web page. However, this option is available for the desktop app. Since you mentioned that the Command doesn't work for you, we'd recommend first performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble selecting all the sons at once.

After the reinstall, the Command option should be working and you can select the undesired songs > right click on the selection > Remove from your Liked Songs.

Let us know how it goes. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Open the Spotify desktop app on your Mac or Windows computer.
Click the Liked Songs tab from the menu on the left.
Press and hold the Command key and click the songs you'd like to delete.
Right-click the highlighted songs and select Remove from your Liked Songs.

Regards,

Will

Suggested posts