Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How To Break Spotify on Mac

How To Break Spotify on Mac

So I did this post already but due to the rollback caused by the recent spam attacks, I will have to rewrite my post.

This may have been fixed meanwhile but I still wanted to share this info

How to reproduce:

1. Open a long playlist

2. Hold and press your Next Song Button

3. Wait until Spotify gets stuck.

How-To-Break-Spotify-on-Mac542cdc3a60bdd455.gif

Note that once the state is reached where Spotify stops the song itself following actions are blocked.

- You cannot change the song neither with buttons nor with keyboard media buttons

- If you click to play another playlist the play icon appears on that new playlist but the song still remains the one which got stuck.

This may be a spam prevention feature but I do not understand why manual clicking would be blocked or changing a playlist would get blocked either since to do so requires the user interaction and is not executed by mistake like if your phone is in your bag and something holds your volume ringer which could maybe cause this.

This has not been tested on Windows yet.

UPDATE : I am not sure if that behaviour got changed with the recent Spotify Update but you can no longer press & hold your next song key continuously, this may just be me though. If so this bug got fixed although a statement of Spotify would be nice to have.

0 Replies

Suggested posts