How can I add local files to iPhone?

Solved!
Highlighted

How can I add local files to iPhone?

djchrisray
Casual Listener

I can not seem to find a way to get my local files on my pc to sync to my iPhone. When I add them to the playlist, it shows the song but it is blacked out and I can't play it. Is there a way to play local files from a pc on iPhone. Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: How can I add local files to iPhone?

ErickRGuetta
Community Legend

Okay first of all have your Spotify Desktop App open, >> now drag the files from your computer to the App and put them on 'Local Files' left bar of the app. >> After you've transfered everything there create a new Playlist name it. >> Get all the tracks you want to be on your iPhone from Local Files (select multiple by holding Ctrl on keyboard while clicking tracks) >> Be sure your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer and now open Spotify on your iPhone >> In playlists search for the new one you've created, you should see the tracks in gray, now click "Make Available Offline" on your phone (the desktop Spotify App must be open too) >> You should see your playlist will start downloading. (Do not lock your phone or exit the app as it may interrupt the download.) You are set!

Solution!

Strongbow
Try to take off your firewall for the time you are syncing your files that did it for me.
54 Replies
Solution!

ErickRGuetta
Community Legend

Okay first of all have your Spotify Desktop App open, >> now drag the files from your computer to the App and put them on 'Local Files' left bar of the app. >> After you've transfered everything there create a new Playlist name it. >> Get all the tracks you want to be on your iPhone from Local Files (select multiple by holding Ctrl on keyboard while clicking tracks) >> Be sure your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer and now open Spotify on your iPhone >> In playlists search for the new one you've created, you should see the tracks in gray, now click "Make Available Offline" on your phone (the desktop Spotify App must be open too) >> You should see your playlist will start downloading. (Do not lock your phone or exit the app as it may interrupt the download.) You are set!

djchrisray
Casual Listener
Great, thank you for your help!

I've done all that, but I still have my local files as grey songs! Help :(

Solution!

Strongbow
Try to take off your firewall for the time you are syncing your files that did it for me.

kinderisbueno
Regular
This worked for me! Thank you so much!

Focus_more
Casual Listener

How long did it take to update from the pc to download onto the Phone?

kinderisbueno
Regular
Once I selected "available offline" on my iPhone playlist containing local files from my PC, the grey songs on my iPhone downloaded instantly.

Focus_more
Casual Listener

2  of 15 songs downloaded straightaway, my other songs arent downloading, just staying grey :/

kinderisbueno
Regular
Make sure you have Spotify open on your phone and computer at all times during the download. Maybe deselect and select Available Offine again on your phone to start the download again
SUGGESTED POSTS