Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I clear 'local files'?

How can I clear 'local files'?

Plan: Premium

Device: MacBook Air, early 2015

Operating System: macOS Big Sur 11.2.2

I added some local files to my spotify a while ago bit have since removed them. I had hoped that removing the source would "refresh" this are and allow me to add new files.

But instead they are just there, grayed out and making it harder to navigate to the new files I wanted.

I have seen some other forum posts which explain how to solve the issue for windows users (involving clearing the cache) and a post mentioning to run "sudo rm -fr /Users/USERNAME/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/Storage/*" in a terminal (this doesn't work as there is no 'Storage' file.

So, how can I clear out all of the "grayed out" files from my local files area within spotify (desktop app) and go on to add new files.

1 Reply

Hi there @adamwizzy

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

We suggest that you try heading to the app settings and toggle the option Local Files on, toggle on the source which you want to import your Local files from, and toggle off any other sources you see there. 

Another useful step in is to change the source folder of the local files on the PC. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts