Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I download a music album on my mac?

How can I download a music album on my mac?

Hello.

On my iPhone i can download a album. Can i also download a music album on my mac? I only managed to downlaod a playlist to my mac? Can't I download a album?

(I often use my macbook on the train. i would like to have some albums on my macbook and i dont want to put them in a playlist before)

thx

4 Replies

Strangely, the ability to make albums available off-line in My Music is only available on mobile devices so yes, you'll need to use album playlists on your laptop for now.

I have this same issue. I can't believe it has been 3 years and this feature is still not available. Spotify, please add the ability to download albums for offline use in the app for Mac without the need to create a playlist. I have a premium subscription, a give-in for offline access since you can't have offline access without the subscription.

I just came back to Spotify from Apple Music, assuming that this issue had been resolved. Don't know what it takes to get Spotify to sort these things out...

Hey @KeinNamne @timleighton @dragonslayer169 

Good news!

A new desktop app update with a new design is currently rolling out to all users. One of the new features is the ability to download albums and podcasts just like you can in the mobile app.

You can read more info about the new desktop app in this news article:

Introducing a New Spotify Experience Across Desktop App and Web Player 

The desktop team also has a blog post in the community about it:

The New Desktop App

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts