Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I STOP being Alpha/Beta tester of the Spotify desktop app on a Mac it's a nightmare?!

How do I STOP being Alpha/Beta tester of the Spotify desktop app on a Mac it's a nightmare?!

Hi, I have been using Spotify almost daily since 2013. I have multiple Spotify accounts--some free and some paid. I program a ton of playlists. For the past 2 months it's been a total nightmare to add/delete songs, move songs around, and search for songs.

I am constantly updating my playlists and it's starting to become almost impossible!! The desktop is constantly changing and missing simple, easy functions. And it will delete hours of my work a lot the times when I start moving songs around! 

I DO NOT want to Alpha/Beta test any updates every again on any of my Spotify accounts. It's been a horrible user experience. I've wasted so much time and energy. Someone please help me. 

macOS Big Sur Version 11.1

MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)

Processor: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Thanks,

Kami Knake

user @butr

3 Replies

Hey there @butr

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know the exact Spotify version of your PC?

Additionally, sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing in the desktop app on your end would come in handy. 

We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Me too. Every week i get to be the dissappointed, frustrated user who pays $ to be experimented on. It ruins my experience because the app changes so much that i cant keep track of anything… Why should i make a playlist if youre just going to change it every week? Why should i learn new features that just disappear? Why am i paying you to torment me, spotify? Two of my roommates have spotify and once a week i run into their rooms frustrated and wondering if their app changed, too. NOPE- just me. I have had the app for almost a year and it has changed 10-15 times. The amount of time i spend searching the internet for solutions is absurd. Nothing else i pay for in life changes once a week 

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

At Spotify, we're often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a new feature to try temporarily.

Keep in mind that the groups of users selected for this kind of testings could be an opted-in group, or a random group of regular users. In case you've opted-in to be part of the test groups by joining the Alpha or Beta Google groups, you can opt-out by following the same link as when you accepted becoming a tester and hitting the option "Leave Program".

However, if you haven't opted-in before, your account may be part of a random group running a test, and it's currently not possible to exclude users from it. 

In this case, since a similar idea has already been posted on our Ideas Exchange board, we'd recommend showing your support for it by hitting the thumbs up button and subscribing here. Any updates will be posted on that thread.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts