Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I eliminate iPhone memory used by Spotify?

How do I eliminate iPhone memory used by Spotify?

My iPhone says that Spotify is using more than 16 GB of memory. But how can that be when I have verified that there are no songs downloaded? I deleted some of the "Recently Played' in case these were holding onto memory, and then I checked the memory usage again and it said 17 GB! So it increased?

I saw another display that suggested that there are some pending downloads going on. But I only got that display once and I haven't been able to find it again.

Is there a way to cancel these pending downloads short of deleting the app and reinstalling?

1 Reply

Hey @berkserkervikin ! 🙂
It sounds like your best bet would be to do a clean reinstall of the app (I copied the steps below). But you could also just try everything up to fully reinstalling it (delete Cache and Offload it) and see if that clears up your concern first.
If you do end up deleting/reinstalling the app, you won't lose any playlists or favorites but you would need to download anything you may have previously downloaded.

Hope this was helpful and have a fantastic day! 🙂

iPhone 

1. Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.
  2. Head here and click Remove all devices.
  3. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.
  4. Tap iPhone Storage.
  5. Select Spotify from the list of apps.
  6. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete app but its documents data will be kept.
  7. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.
  8. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.
  9. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  10. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.
  11. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.
  12. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

Suggested posts