Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I search and buy audiobooks on Desktop?

How do I search and buy audiobooks on Desktop?

I am trying to buy an audiobook by logging in through the desktop app. I see no options for audiobooks except a promotional ad on my 'home' page for a new audiobook release. When I click it I get an error reply saying "could not find that podcast".
5 Replies

Hey there!

On my desktop client, Audiobooks show up as a genre under the search page. Is yours there?

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1674584991992.png

Hi there @1283816723! Welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂 

For now, Audiobooks can only be purchased in the Spotify Web Player, but you can listen in the Desktop app once you've unlocked a title. You just need to head to the Web Player, find an audiobook you want to listen to, and follow the steps to check out. Then head back to the app and start listening.

You can find more information and details about Audiobooks here.

Hope this clears things up.

/Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @MateusM, one little question

Is the ability to purchase audiobooks within the app being slowly rolled out, or something? I can purchase them in the app (or I can at least click the buy button, which opens my browser.) I didn't see anything about it on the audiobooks page you linked.

kaworu_bloodpaw_1-1674585604506.png

Yes, a genre of podcast. I have it figured out now.

Hey @kaworu_bloodpaw, thank you for your message here! 🙂

This is supposed to work like a shortcut to the right website to process it, it's not like an in-app purchase, hitting this button you'll be redirected to the proper link and finish your purchase. On the Spotify Web Player, you may not have all this flow to buy an audiobook.

Take care!

/Mateus

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts