Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How does the radio works when associated to a playlist ?

How does the radio works when associated to a playlist ?

Hi,

One of the main reasons I use spotify is to discover new artists and songs.

On my spotify I composed thematic playlists with new songs I discovered in the same music style (Pop/ Rock/ Hip-Hop/ Minimal/ African Jazz...) and I just play the radio associated with these playlists when I want to discover new songs.

I hoped that the most songs and artists I would add to my playlist, the broader the range of my radio would be and I would discover each time more music.

Unfortunately I have the feeling that overtime, as my playlists increased and enriched, the associated radios became each time more repetitive, with same artists ans songs repeating from a listening session to another: exactly the contrary from what I tried to do.

Do you confirm Spotify system reduces the range of songs when you play a radio associated to a playlist with many artists rather than a radio associated to one only artist, just like is the radio songs had to be similar to many artists instead of only one ?

Then how to discover a good variety of music from a music style rather than in an artist only ?

Thanks for your lights.

0 Replies

Suggested posts